GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Producing tunes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tranzforma

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 387

Post Post subject: Producing tunes... Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to produce your own tunes here? I was alwayz wondering since I learned how to spin. =P Wut proggiez and stuff do you use? Where do you learn? Anyone wanna teach? PM me. =)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:27 am
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 7.53

Member #: 1,998

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason is a very popular program to make music with. You can buy it, or try a demo at www.propellerheads.se
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 10:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Quote:
Does anyone know how to produce your own tunes here? I was alwayz wondering since I learned how to spin. =P Wut proggiez and stuff do you use? Where do you learn? Anyone wanna teach? PM me. =)

same here ive gotten intrested, in producing tunes, after hearing sum of the regular's pieces on here Smile

seems like reason is the most popular choice, at first it might seem intimidating, but there should be sum pdf manuals with it, you'll probably have to start experimenting with it, and stick to it, thats how almost majority of the great producers started experimenting and sticking with it
probably checking out sum of the tunes dun by ppl on this forum, might help you

you might get sum tips, from ppl even if your lucky a guide/tutorial, but producing is sumthing you cant really teach, its too extensive to just be able to get taught,

thats my opinon , just in case nobody puts up a guide to producing, as i havent seen a complete guide on the net on how to completely produce tunes yet

and bear in mind, sum of these guys/girls have had yrs of experince, Very Happy

even tho you've learned how to mix, which probably helps with producing, it doesnt, qualify you in anyway in producing, ive still yet to learn how to mix, never mind produce! Razz

hopefully that dont discourage you, but rather instead i say experiment and stick to it,

hehe, who knows if you stick with it, you might hit it big with your new founded producing skills, Smile

or at least be proud of a skill that allows you to craft music with your mind and hands Very Happy theres already a bunch of amazing ppl here who constantly produce new stuff, and credit to them for making music and showing us what can be done Very Happy

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:09 am
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

INSPIRATION

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 5:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
docsavage

Almost a Clubber

Member #: 2,196

I started out with the old DOS tracker proggies like Inertia Tracker and moved up to Fruityloops and finally to Reason. Reason is by far the best program to make music with IMHO...such control!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 5:01 am
Tranzforma

Almost a Clubber

Member #: 387

Yeah, but how did you guyz learn? Did you simply just pick up the proggie, then played around with it? I'm sure therez more to it than that. =P
Like does all music work in a certain way? Besidez 4/4 bar and stuff like that... =P
Do you need samplez? ETC...stuff like that...wut do you really need to start out with first? I'm guessing itz REASON, so I'm going to get that proggie first... =)
Then wut right? Open it and dunno wut to do?! =)
Read the manual, sure, tellz me how to press buttons and shit, but I'm sure there are ways of producing soundz you want and thingz like that. =P
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 6:49 am
docsavage

Almost a Clubber

Member #: 2,196

Well I was lucky that I had people around to show me how to use the programs...even after reading the Reason manual I still didn't know how to make synth lines outside of the Matrix programmer.

Your best bet is looking for someone in your area that uses reason as well and is willing to teach you. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to pick up just by watching someone else work on it. And how willing many producers are to share the knowledge!

Hope that helps some
Ryan
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:53 am
trouser enthusiasts

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 1.51

Member #: 1,553

Post Post subject: ./. Reply with quote

Reason. the best program! NO WAY!!!!!
Beleive me i've moved on to Cubase, and what can i say, cubase is simply the best!!! U'll forget fruityloops and reason once uv used cubase (or logic if u know how to use that)

TE
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:15 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

I haven't produced anything since the glory-days of ProTracker on the Amiga Wink

Guess my lack of talent put an effective stopper to my career as a producer...hehe Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: