GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FEELINGS OF JOY (Original Mix) - back online, please tell me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 2.69

Member #: 691

Post Post subject: FEELINGS OF JOY (Original Mix) - back online, please tell me Reply with quote

Hey peepz Smile

The tune is back up, here's the direct url to it again :
Lightworks - Feelings Of Joy (Original Mix)
The track is quite happy and uplifting trance, but it has some energy in it as well. Please lend me your thoughts on this one Wink

Take care! I hope you like it.
LW

Last edited by Lightworks on Fri May 17, 2002 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
docsavage

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,196

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really really like it. I do think that you could thicken up the bass and synths, if that makes any sense...add EQs to some of your devices and raise the low and mids.

I would drool to be able to remix this...I'd do it from a Flutlicht or Dumonde perspective and really give it that roaring pounding epic sound.

Great work
Ryan
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:28 pm
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

thx docsavage Wink

well this is an uplifting track, so i'd rather not let the bass rule, but the melodies a bit better Smile
i usually tend to add lots of bass to track (see fahrenheit track topic), but i chose not to do so in this track Wink

i'm planning on updating the beat though...

thx for having a listen Wink
LW

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:18 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Finne
Phynn
DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 7.53

Member #: 1,998

This is nice. I agree with docsavage tho, the bass should be warmer/thicker. Maybe you could add another bassline with a lower key?I'd like some more reverb on the synths too. I really like the main melody! If you fix the bass, this could be a great tune. Please let us know.
4. Bedrock - Emerald
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:29 am
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

thx fjbr Wink

glad you liked the main melody! i a response from somone else that it was nothing special, so thank you Wink

i'm re-editing the bassline, making it a bit thicker and altering the kick with a very very little delay on it, so that it sounds better Smile

i'll re-edit the post when it's up again Wink
LW

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 12:58 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

downloaded it last night, listening to it third time already,

kickass melody, hmm bass line. yes it may sound hollow, but you goto find a nice balence, not too much bass or it might slighlty over swamp teh melody/tune, as it stands now its an intresting tune, with the current bass line as it stands Very Happy
just wonder how much of a change would it be with the bassline edited, will have to wait and see

hmm, maybe its me, but just sounds a bit "tinny" to me the high end, is "sounding thin and bit to high" like err swishy percussion instruments, maybe. or maybe its just me haha

like the way you build the tune in the first minute or so, and you carry the melody/tune quite well for the 9 minutes the tune lasts for Very Happy, breaking up the tune with ocasional nice intresting bits, (vagrant story, echoic chamber bits, if you know what i mean) then building it up again..

all in all a very nice effort, already got sum praise, and i give it sum more. hehe.

thx for a nice tune

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 3:02 pm
docsavage

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,196

Just remember that once you get into a studio to downmix your track, an experienced producer would be able to take care of a lot of this stuff. Then again, I'm lucky to have friends who'll let me into their studio with unfinished work :-p
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:08 pm
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

thx Ami, i'm waiting for the slightly updated version to be approved Wink

i'll edit the main post when it's up Smile
LW

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:07 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: