GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
cant add cusheet to mp3 mixes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 907

Post Post subject: cant add cusheet to mp3 mixes... Reply with quote

i dont know how to add cuesheets to mixes...can any1 tell me how using winamp, or any other way they might think is easier? thx all =)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:59 am
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's possible to add cue sheets with winamp.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:03 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Ok most of u will probley laugh at me but... I've never used WinAmp! I've never needed to because I do all my musical shit at work (on Macs) and the programme I use is strangely called... MacAmp! Anyways, my question is, can WinAmp be used for actually changing MP3s (tempo/pitch etc) and then re-saving them as WAV or MP3 files?

If not, can anyone recommend a decent FREE programme where a can play about with my tunes? Ian(FerryCorstenFan) recommended a good programme but its unfortunalty no longer available, oh well... can you help??????? Cool Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:42 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

hmm for cue files and winamp and mp3 files there is a plugin for winamp called mp3cue
http://www.guerillasoft.com/mp3cue/
you can use cue files with a single file ripped mp3, you can make cue files for mp3 usinf mp3cue, and you can embed the cue file into the mp3, so you dont need a separate cue file for the mp3, dunno if this is what you need, might wanna try it

and as for winamp and any editing/changing of mp3 capabilites, there are various plugins that can change the tempo/pitch of mp3, whilst playing the mp3, but you probably best need a separate program for playing with your mp3's.

as for the question of there being a free one, i dunno maybe tactile 12000 is the few free ones remaining
http://www.tactile12000.com/
but the others AtomixMp3, Mjstudio,traktor,fruityloops,mixmeister & mixmiester pro, just to name a few aren't free in the usuall sense Wink

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:58 am
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

thx Ami! Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:47 am
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

mp3cue is wicked, thx for that........now that the cue is embedded into the mp3, how do i get nero or firburner to recognise it so that i can burn the thing? or, which proggy shoud we use for burning and recognising cuesheet embedded mp3z? ROFL!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:16 am
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

just postin this msg to get this topic to the top of the list again LOL
soz for bein a pain but me needs ur help! =)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:48 am
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Best prog to use to burn the mp3 with the cue sheets is CDRWIN. Also another good thing is that your don't need to convert the mp3 to wav first, you can just burn it on directly and it converts it during the burning process.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:27 pm
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

u champion! Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:23 pm
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

Sad

its not workin
ive used mp3cue pluggin to save the cuesheet to the mp3.
now when i load the mp3 into nero, fireburner, or cdrwin, it obviously doesnt recognise the cuesheet that has been saves to it and still wants to burn it as one continuous trak!
im havin big probz pplz! plz help me on the next post so i can leave evry1 alone till my next big dilemma ROFL! Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:51 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

What you mean you saved the cue sheet to the mp3? Inside the cue sheet it should contain a link to where the mp3 is so that the computer know where to find the mp3 to use with that cue sheet. When you done a cue sheet, you open cdrwin or something and then open the cue sheet in the. When you doing that the computer then loads the cue sheets with the mp3 that you want to burn. That should be it.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:29 pm
Ami

sos didn't realise you were gonna burn the mp3 using cdrwin/fireburner, if you are then you still gonna have to have the cue sheet as a separate file, not embedded in the mp3, ie the track refrences are called from a separate cue file along with the mp3, applogies for not realising this earlier Neutral , but mp3 cue can easily make cue sheets if you havent got a cue sheet aslong as you know the times of the tracks/names of tracks, oh there is another thread somewhere on ivibes mentioning sites with trance cue files!
and if you using cdrwin, the program is known to act weird/sabotage/have destructive tendancies (i.e making coasters on purpose) when you crack it, and you wont know till its too late. so be careful! just in case, fireburner in my opinon is better than cdrwin!

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:05 am
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

fireburner doesnt burn the mix properly....
i opened "Rush Hour - Mauro Picotto" with a cuesheet i got from one of the sites mentioned in these forums, and it doesnt burn properly
it burn the first three tracks, of which the last two are garbled and makes a wasted cd......plz help =)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 10:03 am
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

soz again for bein such a pain......could any1 who knows how, post an example of how to create a cusheet from scratch (using notepad), and then using this cuesheet in fireburner or nero to burn for example a 60min mix.
cheers all! i hope this time im a little bit clearer in what im asking for ROFL =)
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 6:34 am
Ami

hmm,as for fireburner choking its either due to the cue file being knackered, or that its got cd text info in like Artist/performer, fireburner chokes on this, but it wouldve rejected the cuesheet from the start, if that was the case

as for making cue sheets, best way is to open up a cue file with notepad and see the structure/layout of it and thentry working with that in mind

theres a program called cdrcue sheet editor,

http://www.dcsoft.com/prod03.htm

maybe that would help you?

http://www.dcsoft.com/cue_mastering_progs.htm

thats a page, with sum instructions on how to burn cue sheets with various programs,

thats all i can really say, hope you get it working

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 9:21 pm
pill0r

Cloakroom Duty

thx for tryin ami =)
still not workin tho.....could it be my fireburner is farked?

i dont know how to load cues in nero either even tho its meant to support it...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 6:19 am
Ami

pillor try this page

http://www.dcsoft.com/cue_mastering_progs.htm

should be instructions there on how to use cue sheets with EAC,Feurio, cdrwin, nero, and fireburner

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:06 pm
DJ BASH

Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 17.70

Member #: 1,581

Right... once you've made the cuesheet with mp3 cue.. put BOTH files (the mp3, and the cuesheet) on your desktop..

Just say the mp3 file is called Ferry Corsten Live @ Trance Energy 2000.mp3, the cue file must be Ferry Corsten Live @ Trance Energy 2000.cue

Now convert the mp3 file into WAV..(Mp3 to Wav is a good proggie) and put it on your desktop.. now you will have another file (Ferry Corsten Live @ Trance Energy 2000.wav)

now this is maybe because the cuesheet didn't work.. open the cuefile with notepad..

If you made the cuesheet right... the file path in there would be the same place where the mp3 file was..

Now change it, so making sure you have the EXACT file path where the wav file is (not the mp3).. so for example.. mine FIRST would've been:

"C:\Documents And Settings\Bash\Desktop\Ferry Corsten Live @ Trance Energy 2000.mp3" in the cuesheet

And AFTER i changed it:

"C:\Documents And Settings\Bash\Desktop\Ferry Corsten Live @ Trance Energy 2000.wav"

And then save it!

That should be ok... now to burn.. use NERO.. its the best burning program ever made!

Open NERO, click on FILE >>> BURN IMAGE... and select the CUESHEET from the desktop...

It should find it and load up.. then click on WRITE! and wait till its done

It should work fine then.. worked a number of times for me!

I hope this is not confusing, its almost 2am in the morning and i'm knackered..

Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: