GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quality of CD rippind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I sexy?
Sure!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Naaa man, you suck!
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Flotser

Moving your Body

Vibes: 1.14

Member #: 749

Post Post subject: Quality of CD rippind Reply with quote

I use MusicMactch Jukebpx 7 plus , for turning Audio cd to mp3's ... and the max quality there is 128kbps... so i'm pondering ( Smile ) is that program just suck or is it realy the max quality.. (and i'm not talking about the 160kbps...whick they call "oversempeling").

so is 192kbps is only for vinyl ripps? or do you know a software can make that quality from CD's... if you do please reply this topic and tell me..

thanx Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:06 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out audiotools.co.uk and a program I use known as Audiocrusher, I convert all my cds into 192kbps files on it, its on the options.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:26 pm
Flotser

Moving your Body

Smile OK thanx alot pal!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:19 pm
Flotser

Moving your Body

Actually i am an idiot!

cause you can do 192 kbps from CD with MusicMatch Jukebox... its just there in the option you should choose the custom quality and and do something like MP3 CBR... and scroll it to 192 or what you want... bla bla bla.... thanx anyway, your help made me understand that...

cya !
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:44 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

Anyone heard of mp3pro? a 96kps mp3 would sound like 192kps but half the size.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:33 pm
Flotser

Moving your Body

Sure i heared about MP3PRO...... i just cant wait for the revolution to come... Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:16 pm
<--Ferry_Addict-->

DJ's Assistant

Vibes: 1.20

Member #: 680

It won't be some time I bet, but when it does come out. It'll be ace! You can imagine, a 192kps mp3 would be like 4-5mb!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:32 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

afraid to say but you've got mp3pro all wrong, its a normal mp3 with sbr (spectral band resolution?) added to it, so that it sounds better at lower equivalent bit rates, designed really for 96kbps/128kbps and lower, i.e streaming, even at high bit rates it suxs big time, and its here now has been released for mths, in fact the majority of mp3 encoders at high bit rates the quality is relatively appalling, they introduce artifacts no matter what bit rate is used

alternative is if you use a decent mp3 encoder i.e LAME with a decent vbr preset, you'll probably get the best quality that mp3 can achieve without going into ridiculous bit rates, one down side is its a dog to setup and use as its a dos program

for ripping audio cd's you can use Exact Audio Copy, which will give you 99/100% exact rips off audio cd's, but configuring this (damn cd drive offsets) is a bit of a pain in the neck, plus ripping speed, in secure mode isn't anywhere near the speed of other "insecure" ripping programs

two, file formats stand out. as alternatives to mp3, mpc and ogg

mpc is being touted as the best quality lossy format there is, hands down beats mp3, but it's is relatively new, and is nowhere near as widespread or used as mp3, looks like it never will attain the popularity of mp3

ogg, is supposed to be best all rounder, freely developed by the comunity, best sounding format at low rates ie streaming, bbc is currently testing this out for its radio streams as is some of the popular net radio streaming sites, again its relatively new, and harder to setup/configure to use,and its not eminent as mp3, although looks to gain more popular use/support than mpc

overall it seems that the music compression isn't a simple affair, if you want ease of use, good support and speed, you wont get the best quality there is, but you might have to pay for it

if you want then best quality, you'll have to work more harder to achieve it in setting up and configuartion, it wont be the fastest there is, and you'll probably have no offical support, but ironically its free to attain the best quality there is, would've thought is was the opposite!!

so, everyone prb compromised something, and prob is content and most of his needs are dealt with, why cant we just have the best solution overall Confused , at least we've got the alternatives to choose from

just thought i'd let you know, as i found out a while back

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:36 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: