GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is The Distribution Of Mp3 Livesets Illegal ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are Livesets on MP3's Illegal ?
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

Post Post subject: Is The Distribution Of Mp3 Livesets Illegal ?? Reply with quote

ami just mentioned this in a PM to me..that livesets are just as illegal as full length songs on Mp3...

i was sure that livesets wernt illegal as long as u wernt selling them for profitable purposes...

oh well.. i may be rong.. see what u lot can tell me.. Laughing

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Naked

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 1,957

Post Post subject: Re: Is The Distribution Of Mp3 Livesets Illegal ?? Reply with quote

((-&E-)) wrote:
i was sure that livesets wernt illegal as long as u wernt selling them for profitable purposes...

Correct.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:04 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Livesets are NOT illegal, because can u remember when black-hole recordings had trancegate ?? They said (not exactly): "download the livesets because they aren't copy righted like the tracks are..." Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:16 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Quote:
ami just mentioned this in a PM to me..that livesets are just as illegal as full length songs on Mp3

ah, dunno if that was the impression, ...doh but it was in conjugtion with another issue, which has been resolved, and i tryed to stated that ivibes didnt condone illegal mp3 downloads..sos if it came out wrong

Quote:
Livesets are NOT illegal, because can u remember when black-hole recordings had trancegate ??

i know about black-hole as ferrycorstenfan did mention that to me a while bac, but the situation with other labels is unclear, and often a live set has tunes from all over not just 1 label

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:32 pm
((-&E-))
Hardcore Till I Die
Dumonde Addict

Vibes: 77.64

Member #: 1,517

Ami wrote:
Quote:
ami just mentioned this in a PM to me..that livesets are just as illegal as full length songs on Mp3

ah, dunno if that was the impression, ...doh but it was in conjugtion with another issue, which has been resolved, and i tryed to stated that ivibes didnt condone illegal mp3 downloads..sos if it came out wrong

no.. i think its my fault.. i mis understood your first msg... then posted this cos i was sure that livesets wernt illegal.. but then your other msg's cleared it up... Laughing

i dunno if that makes sence... but its 12am and i can be ar$ed going in to full detail...

Its Coming Home, Its Coming Home, Its Coming, Footballs Coming Home
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

No way its illegal,, ok Cds are arguable but live sets how are we suppose to support the artist without listening to his gigs and mixing skills and trackselection..
give me a break.. live sets are for us to download to discover who the artist is and cds are for us to buy if we like that artist.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:57 am
VelourFog

Bar Staff

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 1,453

nah livesets are not illegal downloads!

listening to em is what got me into going to rave parties and listening to trance/techno music Smile

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:58 am
DjKlutZ

Regular Clubber

Vibes: 0.04

Member #: 1,904

They can't be illegal... i won't know what to do if they were
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:54 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

We've tried contacting the industry asking this same question. The answer we got was something like this:
"We won't come after anyone for publishing livesets played by our dj's, but we don't support it either....and we can not guarantee that the artists that are included in the liveset sue you for it..."

Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:33 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I think in the end they're gonna end up illegal, i just can't see them agreeing to be sent around, personally livesets should be enjoyed IMO but its the ones who sell the cd's they burn that they will be against
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:15 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

well... they are on the radio often enough, so i doubt they will be illegal to distribute.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:21 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Ive always thought they were illegal as the tracks they use are copyrighted. Your not allowed to broadcast material without a licence, so surely distributing them as mp3s (for free) isnt allowed either! Cool
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 12:40 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Quote:
well... they are on the radio often enough, so i doubt they will be illegal to distribute.

i'm not sure, but everything radio plays they have to pay for, theres sum kinda complicated royality system, for anything they play on the radio, and that includes the provision of ppl being able to record it (fair use ie ppl being able to record it on cassete)

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:39 pm
NandoMan

Weekend Clubber

Vibes: 2.17

Member #: 2,204

it´s not illegal, because you´re not making a profit from it

History of trance:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7428851501542847413
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:12 pm
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

ferrycorstenfan wrote:
I think in the end they're gonna end up illegal, i just can't see them agreeing to be sent around, personally livesets should be enjoyed IMO but its the ones who sell the cd's they burn that they will be against

yes, that might be true.. and thats why my AG is running 24/7 nonestop downloading livesets and essential mixes before they get illegal too. Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:38 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: