GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
newbie with a question about MAKING music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8cas

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,592

Post Post subject: newbie with a question about MAKING music Reply with quote

Okay I see a wholebunch of tutorials on how to DJ, scratchin' techniques, all that fun stuff, but that's taking someone elses music and makin' a hot liveset or mix cd. What I wanna kno is how do I go about actually MAKING the music that DJ's use for their mixes? What equipment do I need, etc.... Like i know you need like a synthesizer with a good amount of samples and all, but I really have no clue how these artists are making the music. What equipment do i need and how much would it cost to get started as a beginner??? I'm guessin' a lot is done digitally and on computers now-a-days. With the popularity of DJin' that's all i can find 'tutorial wise' on the net. I really want to know how the music is made from scratch. ............ I apologize if I sound like a 'I should no this sh!+" retard, or captain obvious, but a good explanation would really help me out. Thanks n8
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:28 am
Tea-mo

On your way to Full-Time Clubber

Vibes: 15.90

Member #: 2,297

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you want (or are able) to pay.
Do you want to produce only with software ? Or only hardware ? or both together ?
What sounds do you want ? Then you can choose the right synth(s) for that.
Samplers are a must. You need a professional sound (recording) card, a good pc (or mac) and you must have the possibilities to add effects. All can be done with hard- or software.

Bye
Tea-mo
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:54 pm
n8cas

Member #: 2,592

OK.... so say i wanted to buy a Synthesizer...hardware (external or whatever) I'm lookin' to get a new computer, so what professional sound card should i get ....and how much does it cost? Where can I get samples? is there like a website where u can get some ? they must have to be in .wav format, right? What are some good software programs for professional producing??? and what are some decent synth's for hardware? Thanks for answerin' my question though ... I appreciate it pace one

n8
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:42 am
Procacia

Almost a Clubber

Member #: 2,507

www.analoguesamples.com is a great samplesite Smile
dying to see another day
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:52 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: