GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Untimely demise of Audiogalaxy? Or a future outlook on the evolution of Internet music Sharing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: The Untimely demise of Audiogalaxy? Or a future outlook on t Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:00 pm
gunshy

Cloakroom Duty

Member #: 1,436

Post Post subject: Shut down AG will hurt dance/electronica lovers Reply with quote

I understand that RIAA do the legal thing of shutting down AG, but I don't think that they have to filter out electronica music. The deal of underground music is there will be no better way to spread an unknown artist/track through out the world without sharing it. Commercial songs like Britney Spears, NSYNC, JLo, etc... need protection because they are too famous already, and they want to get more $$$ as they go.
Electronica artists are poor, but rich for the music, their musics must be heard, love and purchase through vinyl format at the store.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:24 am
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

Post Post subject: Re: Shut down AG will hurt dance/electronica lovers Reply with quote

gunshy wrote:
I understand that RIAA do the legal thing of shutting down AG, but I don't think that they have to filter out electronica music. The deal of underground music is there will be no better way to spread an unknown artist/track through out the world without sharing it. Commercial songs like Britney Spears, NSYNC, JLo, etc... need protection because they are too famous already, and they want to get more $$$ as they go.
Electronica artists are poor, but rich for the music, their musics must be heard, love and purchase through vinyl format at the store.

Mate, you are right about that.. but i dont think RIAA is smart enough to realize that. In other words, they dont care about the geners they perceive music generaly no matter what it is.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:11 am
trisco

Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 0.24

Member #: 1,824

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Article Ami....its like you say...it will now be a viscious circle.. other p2p applications will be flooded with mass users..they in turn will be shut down.. it will also go underground.. ftp hosting will become huge.. they think they have took a big step to eradicating the problem... which they have in respect that audiogalaxy was a major place for music sharing.. but at the end of the day.. one person has to get hold of an album.. and then it can be shared furthermore... it even boils down to the old simplistic methods.. people copying cds to tape/cd for others off the net? what next the total ban of cd writers... there are ways and means around everything.. esp with something as vast as the internet.. they have p****d me off for sure... when i look at how much places charge for music eg vinyl.. and sometimes the value doesnt match the quality.. grrr. people may say the prices have risen due to people not buying and just sharing... but they should allow some leverage and gove something back to the consumer... so often it was a case of.. hear a track in a set.. go to audiogalaxy.. download the single.see if it is the right one and possible mixes to it... buy it on vinyl... Evil or Very Mad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:18 am
murk

Getting acquainted

Member #: 2,359

<rant excuse="bottle nearly empty">

RIP Audiogalaxy!

i think the big record labels are doomed to die, and the sooner the better
imo. if they're unwilling to give up some of their grossly huge share of the
profits from an artist's work, then they deserve it. the real reason that the
RIAA (hiss! hiss!) are so determined to shut down the filesharing apps is
because they realise that they as music distributors are being cut out of
the loop. their argument about the apps taking away $$ from the poor
starving artists sounds rather hypocritical when you consider what their
profit margins are in comparison to aformentioned artists'! do they really
care about the artist? i don't think so!

it's up to the music producers and small independent labels to come up
with a new distribution/marketing model that avoids selling they're souls
to the record companies -- something that *rewards* people for
supporting the artist and buying the work, instead of *forcing* them to.

what would the model look like? i dunno, i despise marketing. but i'm sure
it's possible.

</rant>

neway, i'd love to see em shut down one of the decentralised p2p
networks! now that WOULD be impressive Twisted Evil

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 10:55 am
digital_dreams8472

Regular Clubber

Member #: 290

Yet again RIAA bully boy tactics has worked again by destroying Audiogalaxy spouting that people who copy or download music are terrorist, funding organised crime or drugs which in the real world is probably not the case. I really think its a case of sour grapes if the music industry had taken advantage of the technology before Napster came along i don't think they would be complaining. Personally I would have never got into electronic music if it wasnt for sites like Napster and Audiogalaxy I would be still listening to the usual crap that they spew out with no choice. I mean who going to go into a record store and buy a CD on a genre they no nothing about and havent heard before on the off chance it may be good. No one in their right mind is going to. I really do think its a great loss so many rare and bootleg songs probably gone forever. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:55 pm
dj oren stein

Member #: 1,828

Post Post subject: audiogalaxy - we love you!! Reply with quote

what are we gonna do now??
I hope that it's substance will be the same as audiogalaxy was and even better. I hope we'll find it very quickly.
electronic music is my life and I can't imagine myself going even through one week without updating my list with the most beutiful trance tracks that are coming out every day...:-((

my logo: "You can't beat the feelin' but you can FEEL the BEAT!!"

DJ OR-N- SHTEIN
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:03 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> News Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: