GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rookie, got some questions about programs (ProTools, Fruity)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steady

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,689

Post Post subject: Rookie, got some questions about programs (ProTools, Fruity) Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm new. I'm embarking on two different dreams at the moment so I've got some questions.

My first introduction to playing with computer-made techno was with a little program called techno ejay or something like that. Now it was simple and it was easy to use and it was a little fun but it lacked some power. So I've done a bit of research and I've managed to get myself ProTools LE, Fruity Loops, SoundForge, Recycle and CoolEdit Pro.

My question to those that have more experience with these programs is which ones do you use, for what and why?

For instance, is there a program that is better for say, taking a sample and altering it's BPM? How about taking a sample and changing the key it's in? Which of those programs is most intuitive when it comes to being able to lay 10 tracks together to actually create a song?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys, I'm very very new to all this.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:31 pm
ReBirth

Feeling The Music

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 1,422

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,
Ok, I use Fruity Loops as the basis of creating my tracks in. It's easy to use, and it's quite powerful. I use Soundforge for changing the BPM's of some loop and samples, and also use it for the final mastering.

Have a listen at our track which I posted in this section, Pienaar & Bamford - Darkside, to see the power of Fruity Loops.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:19 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: