GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Trance structure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esterman
Eduardo Sterman

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 3,301

Post Post subject: Trance structure Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

I´m looking for some help with making trance music, psytrance specifically.
I´m using cubaseSX and reason2 and know much about the software part of making music. My problem is when it comes to the musical structure of trance which I don´t know too much.

Does anyone have any tips to give me as to how a trance music is formed, structurewise?

Intro - verse - etc...........

Thanx already,

TwIsTeD_pHrEaK
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:08 pm
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Member #: 2,831

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm I think you should listen to many songs and then chose your own way instead of asking Rolling Eyes Cause the structure change from song to song.. Some artists start with a heavy beat and then build up the track slowly and then in the middle it's at it's higest top and then it's slowly going down again.. other starts wtih a soft intro and then the songs explode... ya know Rolling Eyes

Hope you liked my answer Rolling Eyes Wink

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:43 pm
mommozz

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 3,328

yes...Erco Perco is right Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:54 am
Spherix
Erik

*proud* Laughing Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:00 pm
G-Force

Vibes: 0.15

Member #: 3,643

Best trance songs start of with a really hard beat and move into an uplifting buildup then continue with the uplifting then back into the hard beats
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:54 pm
Spherix
Erik

G-Force wrote:
Best trance songs start of with a really hard beat and move into an uplifting buildup then continue with the uplifting then back into the hard beats

Totally agree with you on that Exclamation

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:57 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

I will agree with G-Force & Erik, since I like uplifting trance. However, the structure depends on the style. If you are looking at psy-trance, then I would say:

have a fairly fast beat (I don't know what BPM, but the best psy-trance is kind of frantic sounding and fast-paced)
put in a lot of weird noises and beeps and things- that is one of the main points of psy-trance...
but have a good main melody that you don't change a lot through the song. The melody should NOT be uplifting at all. You probably know your psy-trance pretty well, so you know what the melodies are like- kinda weird- I don't know how to descibe them- maybe haunting would be the best word.
Also, one last thing- in my opinion, the best psy-trance has an otherworldy voice in it, saying some little phrase in the song. FOr example, look at Astral Projection - People Can Fly. That's one of my favourite psy-trance tunes. Also look at Aura - the source of trance's "Walk to Earth" for another example.

That is my opinion of the structure of psy-trance. Keep in mind that I am not a DJ or producer so I only know half about what I'm talking about Laughing But I hope I might have helped a little.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:46 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: