GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A game of name that tune

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: A game of name that tune Reply with quote

Ok, so technically it's more like ID that tune, but meh. I found out about a week ago that I could hook up my tape deck to my pc through my Audigy's I/O box - I was very chuffed indeed. So I went on a spree through all my old tapes recorded from the radio during 1998-2001 or thereabouts Very Happy Man, there are so many classic tunes I'd completely forgotten about.

So, real reason for this thread: I could do with a helping hand to ID a bunch of tracks that I either don't know, or used to know but can't remember. Any and all help is greatly appreciated (there may even be cookies Wink ).

Most of these are around 2 minutes-ish, of varying quality (6 year old tapes will do that) mp3 format.

Armaggedon (either artist or track title, not sure which)

Banco de Gaia - Obsidian (PFN vs. The Light Mix)

Apparently this is 'The Love I Lost' but don't know who by

Yomanda? Sounds likely, but I don't think it's Egg n Cress
Paganini Trax - Zoe (Timo Maas Remix)
Out Of Grace - Anglia (Plug 'n' Play Mix)
Oliver Lieb - Subraumstimulation (Original Mix)
GD - Choral Reef
Cartel - Burn Out (Broken Boundary Mix)
DJ Tom Stevens Vs. Fridge - Outface (Fridge Mix)
Unknown08
Juno Reactor - Pistolero (Man With No Name Mix)
Unknown10
Unknown11
Unknown12
Signum - What Ya Got 4 Me?
Mr. Phillips - 7th Day
Gitta - No turning back (Xim Dub Mix)
Unknown16
Unknown17
Unknown18
Unknown19
Unknown20
Unknown21
Unknown22
Delerium - Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey Mix)


Quite a few unknowns there, sorry Smile I recognize a fair few but my memory sucks and won't let me remember them. Well, have fun.


edit: Ok! 4 more unknowns Very Happy This should be it now, I can't find any more tapes with decent stuff on them.

Unknown 24
Unknown 25
Unknown 26 <- Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia? Possibly Darude mix... not sure.
Unknown 27 <- uh, know this one, can't think of the title though. Also, no idea what mix it is.

Sorry for the distortion, think I amplified them a little too much Surprised

Thanks again.


Last edited by Radiosity on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm; edited 10 times in total
Post rating: 1 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:31 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RayvinAzn
Progressive like Tomiie
i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 87.01

Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Member #: 3,469
Posts: 757
Location: Behind the Decks

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I know track 4....it's either off one of Tiesto's early Magik CD's, or one of the earlier In Trance We Trusts. I want to say it's either a Stray Dog or Reversed Twister tune.

Track 6 is Cartel - Burn Out (Broken Boundary Mix), and can be found on Nicholas Bennison's Tranceglobalnation 4. Excellent tune, I love it to death; that CD is actually on almost every top 10 trance list I've ever posted. As a matter of fact, most of the Tranceglobalnation series is awesome, except for the 6th CD, called "Revisited", which is a piss-poor re-hash. Best US EDM series ever, if you ask me.

Track 9 is Juno Reactor - Pistolero, another great tune.

If I'm not mistaken, track 15 is a Barcode Brothers tune...but I may be mistaken.

_________________
Dusted.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:49 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Joined: 25 Oct 2002
Member #: 2,831
Posts: 2002
Location: Sweden

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some tunes that I really recogniza but that I can't put names on...

the Banco de Gaia tune is "Obsidian" if I'm not wrong..

track 15 is ;

Gitta - No turning back

_________________
Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:21 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RayvinAzn
Progressive like Tomiie
i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 87.01

Joined: 09 Apr 2003
Member #: 3,469
Posts: 757
Location: Behind the Decks

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Spherix wrote:

track 15 is ;

Gitta - No turning back


That's it!

_________________
Dusted.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:30 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesomeness, thanks guys Very Happy

I never realised Juno Reactor did tracks like Pistolero, going to have to look into more of their stuff I think (about all I've really listened to is Guardian Angel, which I rather like).

Spherix, you rock, track 15 was high on my list of 'must have' tracks, absolutely love that retro console feel, thanks Very Happy

Only 22 more to go heh. Thanks again.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:16 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 4 I know.

Its off Euphoria Vol 3 I think. Will get the name of it for you.

_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:24 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Joined: 01 Nov 2001
Member #: 230
Posts: 1734
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

01 Yomanda - Egg n Cress??
02 Paganini Trax Zoe (Timo Maas Remix)
04 Oliver Lieb - Subraumstimulation (Not sure what remix, possibly Push Remix)
10 K90 - ??
13 Signum - What Ya Got 4 Me?

Thats all I know sorry...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:30 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, track 1 does sound somewhat Yomanda-ish, but I'm pretty sure it's not Egg n Cress.

Matthew wrote:
13 Signum - What Ya Got 4 Me?


That's it! Thank you kindly sir, that one had been bugging me like crazy; I knew the track but couldn't remember the name Smile

Dave - Thanks, appreciate it Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:23 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 4 is that Liver Lieb tune. Original Mix as im aware Smile
_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:35 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AndyAlex
Andrew Alexander
Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 3.52

Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Member #: 8,184
Posts: 15

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Unknown05 is G.D - Choral Reef, it's on 'A Higher State Of Euphoria', still workin on the rest!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:35 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Joined: 25 Oct 2002
Member #: 2,831
Posts: 2002
Location: Sweden

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Spherix, you rock,


Well said Wink

_________________
Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:27 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

On a side note, anyone happen to know the mix of Gitta there? It's a purely instrumental mix and is infinitely better than the somewhat cheese-ridden original and kosmonova mixes I've so far heard. I actually cringed when the lyrics started kicking in on the original, reminded me of Flip n Fill or some shat like that. The instrumental mix is gold though.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:30 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Watts
Mark Raybone
i:Vibes Webmaster

Vibes: 202.36

Joined: 30 Sep 2002
Member #: 2,735
Posts: 634
Location: England, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 05 = GD - Choral Reef
Track 14 = Mr. Phillips - 7th Day
Track 23 = Delerium - Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey Remix) (awesome, awesome track!)

No idea about the rest.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:42 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Joined: 25 Oct 2002
Member #: 2,831
Posts: 2002
Location: Sweden

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On a side note, anyone happen to know the mix of Gitta there?


Think it's called "Xim Dub Mix"

_________________
Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:04 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some for you.

Unknown 3:: Out of Grace - Anglia (Plug N Play Mix)
Unknown 7:: DJ Tom Stevens Vs. Fridge - Outface (Fridge Mix)

_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:13 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

No way, track 3 is Anglia? I've got that track, but it sounds kinda different to this mix (not as good for a start).
And I was wondering about track 7, it says what sounds like 'outphase' during the track but I couldn't work out what it was actually saying. Now I know Very Happy

Thanks again Smile

/passes round the cookies
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:22 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 568.95

Joined: 19 Nov 2001
Member #: 910
Posts: 4314
Location: Notts, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 3 is Anglia Smile Plug n Plays mix is a little dierent to the others.
_________________
www.davehart.me
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:32 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

davehart wrote:
Plug n Plays mix is a little dierent to the others.


Aye, that's what I mean, I thought it sounded like Anglia but wasn't sure Smile

edit: Found out the mix of Obsidian, updated first post.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:45 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Radiosity

Podium Dancer

Vibes: 45.06

Joined: 19 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,625
Posts: 274
Location: Lincs, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Uber thread bumpage! Added four more unknowns to first post. When I get round to sampling them, I've got another batch of unknowns from various live mixes, if anyone feels like helping out. You know you enjoy it really Wink

Thanks in advance.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:36 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Watts
Mark Raybone
i:Vibes Webmaster

Vibes: 202.36

Joined: 30 Sep 2002
Member #: 2,735
Posts: 634
Location: England, UK

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

If 26 is Synaesthesia, then I'll eat my hat.
27 is Leftfield - Phat Planet, don't know what the remix is though.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:21 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spherix
Erik
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 145.72

Joined: 25 Oct 2002
Member #: 2,831
Posts: 2002
Location: Sweden

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If 26 is Synaesthesia, then I'll eat my hat.


Hope it tastes good with a little salt Wink
I actually think that it's the "Paul van Dyk Remix"

26. The Thrillseekers - Ultimate Synaesthesia (Paul Van Dyk Remix)
atleast I think so Wink

_________________
Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
i:Vibes Store Beatport LLC visit djdownload.com


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group