 |
Main Menu
|
|
|
 |
Interactive
|
|
|
 |
Info
|
|
|
|
|
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Mathew
Club Franchise Owner
Vibes: 63.09
Joined: 01 Nov 2001 Member #: 230 Posts: 1734 Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England
|
Post subject: Do you listen to anything else? |
|
|
I'm sure this forum has an abundance of this question lost in the arhives but do you guys listen to anything else other than trance and the other main dance genres?
Im really into a minimal techno/house style but I listen to ALOT of really bizzare and alternative music.
Im into stuff by Sigur Ros, Massive Attack, Leftfeild, DJ Shadow, Cut chemist, UNKLE, Prodigy, Mr Scruff, Hexstatic, Cooper Temple Clause, Four Tet, Royksopp, Goldfrapp, Porn Sword Tobacco, Tom Vek, Boards Of Canada, CineMatic Orchestra and many more...
I listen to music that isnt following a trend I suppose? I've always been like this, it isnt an anti-conforming sort of attitude, I just like new music, unusual music and music that is interested and makes you think... I even picked up Bjork's latest album recently, and thats trippy and weird but really really cool...
Cooper Temple Clause are my favourite band, they combine electronic elements with guitars and vocals... 'Same Mistakes' is their best track, but they have got some mental stuff!
So.. What about you guys?
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:05 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Stream
i:Vibes Admin
Vibes: 328.47
Joined: 11 Mar 2001 Member #: 1 Posts: 2454 Location: Norway
|
Post subject: |
|
|
I enjoy listening to lots of new stuff that's not mainstream.
Many of the artists mentioned above are in my collection too - along with many weird records.
Unfortunately my collection doesn't grow as fast as it used to after getting a family to support - but I try picking up some new tones through radio-shows etc.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:35 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Chey!
Ruling the Dancefloor
 Vibes: 31.94
Joined: 17 Jan 2003 Member #: 3,151 Posts: 222 Location: Estonia
|
Post subject: |
|
|
i'm really into icelandic (electronic) music... tracks by Biogen, Exos, Ruxpin, Worm is Green, Múm, Ampop, Lady & Bird and Sigur Rós are definitely my cup of tea.
I also like Godspeed You Black Emperor, Jaga Jazzist, Domu, Thievery Corporation, Asian Dub Foundation, Matthew Herbert & jazz classics such as Billie Holiday and Duke Pearson.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:44 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Aside from Dance related stuff I do like a bit of the 80's. Spandau Ballet, Bee Gee's, Madonna.
Bands like Oasis and Blur I do like to.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:49 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Viceroy Sam Club Franchise Owner
 Vibes: 230.33
Joined: 28 Jan 2003 Member #: 3,192 Posts: 2753 Location: Canada
|
Post subject: |
|
|
I like a bit of punk and ska here and there. I also listen to the radio and sometimes there's a good tune on there.
_________________ Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
-Grand Admiral Thrawn
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:55 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
trancemag guy with too much sparetime Regular Clubber
 Vibes: 10.73
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Member #: 7,071 Posts: 68 Location: Sweden
|
Post subject: |
|
|
im the drummer in a rockband so my bandmates sort o force me to listend to rock, but i pick up alittle indiepop/dance also, but mostly i just try to find new cool styles of elctronic music.
and i just love hip hop and rnb.... nah just kidding :/
_________________ favourite music produsers right now
gabriel & dresden
ozgur can
lnq |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:59 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Hmm... yeah, I listen to craploads of different stuff.
Game OST's (particularly stuff like Silent Hill with strong musical talent + vocal goodness)
Anime OST's (Yuki Kajiura is my personal goddess of music currently, she totally rocks, I can listen to her music for hours without boredom)
Various rock (Muse, Faith no More, Garbage, and various others depending on my mood)
D&B. I like a bit of Drum n Bass here and there, generally in spouts of about an hour before going back to something more sedate again.
Game Remixes. Final Fantasy remixes are a favourite, but I like hearing people's renditions of other games too like Chrono Trigger, Zelda and so on. http://www.vgmix.com/ is a damn good remixes site, for anyone that might be into it If you like Final Fantasy, in particular the Jenova track, and also like D&B, search for the abg remix of Jenova, it's some seriously sweet D&B action.
Ayumi Hamasaki. J-Pop artist (one the biggest in fact). I really like a lot of her songs, and she's been remixed by a number of big names like Armin and Ferry Corsten too.
So yeah, I like quite a bit of stuff other than trance
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:11 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Trancegate
Regular Clubber
 Vibes: 10.50
Joined: 18 May 2004 Member #: 5,928 Posts: 68 Location: Greece
|
Post subject: |
|
|
i used to listen EBM, i love IDM Bleep and experimental and i to be honest i kind'a like good metal (idustrial and nu) bands, thats what hapens when you play bass since the age of 15...
once i loved new wave and punk, so i like this music too.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:04 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Spherix Erik i:Vibes Crew
 Vibes: 145.72
Joined: 25 Oct 2002 Member #: 2,831 Posts: 2002 Location: Sweden
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Aside from the EDM music I tend to listen to some punk or some pop ballads (like James Blunt for example). Some Rock tunes can be good aswell =)
_________________ Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me? |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:54 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
|

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
|
|