 |
Main Menu
|
|
|
 |
Interactive
|
|
|
 |
Info
|
|
|
|
|
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: A game of name that tune |
|
|
Ok, so technically it's more like ID that tune, but meh. I found out about a week ago that I could hook up my tape deck to my pc through my Audigy's I/O box - I was very chuffed indeed. So I went on a spree through all my old tapes recorded from the radio during 1998-2001 or thereabouts Man, there are so many classic tunes I'd completely forgotten about.
So, real reason for this thread: I could do with a helping hand to ID a bunch of tracks that I either don't know, or used to know but can't remember. Any and all help is greatly appreciated (there may even be cookies ).
Most of these are around 2 minutes-ish, of varying quality (6 year old tapes will do that) mp3 format.
Armaggedon (either artist or track title, not sure which)
Banco de Gaia - Obsidian (PFN vs. The Light Mix)
Apparently this is 'The Love I Lost' but don't know who by
Yomanda? Sounds likely, but I don't think it's Egg n Cress
Paganini Trax - Zoe (Timo Maas Remix)
Out Of Grace - Anglia (Plug 'n' Play Mix)
Oliver Lieb - Subraumstimulation (Original Mix)
GD - Choral Reef
Cartel - Burn Out (Broken Boundary Mix)
DJ Tom Stevens Vs. Fridge - Outface (Fridge Mix)
Unknown08
Juno Reactor - Pistolero (Man With No Name Mix)
Unknown10
Unknown11
Unknown12
Signum - What Ya Got 4 Me?
Mr. Phillips - 7th Day
Gitta - No turning back (Xim Dub Mix)
Unknown16
Unknown17
Unknown18
Unknown19
Unknown20
Unknown21
Unknown22
Delerium - Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey Mix)
Quite a few unknowns there, sorry I recognize a fair few but my memory sucks and won't let me remember them. Well, have fun.
edit: Ok! 4 more unknowns This should be it now, I can't find any more tapes with decent stuff on them.
Unknown 24
Unknown 25
Unknown 26 <- Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia? Possibly Darude mix... not sure.
Unknown 27 <- uh, know this one, can't think of the title though. Also, no idea what mix it is.
Sorry for the distortion, think I amplified them a little too much
Thanks again.
Last edited by Radiosity on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm; edited 10 times in total |
| Post rating: 1 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:31 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RayvinAzn Progressive like Tomiie i:Vibes Helper
 Vibes: 87.01
Joined: 09 Apr 2003 Member #: 3,469 Posts: 757 Location: Behind the Decks
|
Post subject: |
|
|
I know track 4....it's either off one of Tiesto's early Magik CD's, or one of the earlier In Trance We Trusts. I want to say it's either a Stray Dog or Reversed Twister tune.
Track 6 is Cartel - Burn Out (Broken Boundary Mix), and can be found on Nicholas Bennison's Tranceglobalnation 4. Excellent tune, I love it to death; that CD is actually on almost every top 10 trance list I've ever posted. As a matter of fact, most of the Tranceglobalnation series is awesome, except for the 6th CD, called "Revisited", which is a piss-poor re-hash. Best US EDM series ever, if you ask me.
Track 9 is Juno Reactor - Pistolero, another great tune.
If I'm not mistaken, track 15 is a Barcode Brothers tune...but I may be mistaken.
_________________ Dusted. |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:49 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Spherix Erik i:Vibes Crew
 Vibes: 145.72
Joined: 25 Oct 2002 Member #: 2,831 Posts: 2002 Location: Sweden
|
Post subject: |
|
|
There are some tunes that I really recogniza but that I can't put names on...
the Banco de Gaia tune is "Obsidian" if I'm not wrong..
track 15 is ;
Gitta - No turning back
_________________ Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me? |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:21 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RayvinAzn Progressive like Tomiie i:Vibes Helper
 Vibes: 87.01
Joined: 09 Apr 2003 Member #: 3,469 Posts: 757 Location: Behind the Decks
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| Spherix wrote: |
track 15 is ;
Gitta - No turning back |
That's it!
_________________ Dusted. |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:30 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Awesomeness, thanks guys
I never realised Juno Reactor did tracks like Pistolero, going to have to look into more of their stuff I think (about all I've really listened to is Guardian Angel, which I rather like).
Spherix, you rock, track 15 was high on my list of 'must have' tracks, absolutely love that retro console feel, thanks
Only 22 more to go heh. Thanks again.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:16 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Track 4 I know.
Its off Euphoria Vol 3 I think. Will get the name of it for you.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:24 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Mathew
Club Franchise Owner
Vibes: 63.09
Joined: 01 Nov 2001 Member #: 230 Posts: 1734 Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England
|
Post subject: |
|
|
01 Yomanda - Egg n Cress??
02 Paganini Trax Zoe (Timo Maas Remix)
04 Oliver Lieb - Subraumstimulation (Not sure what remix, possibly Push Remix)
10 K90 - ??
13 Signum - What Ya Got 4 Me?
Thats all I know sorry...
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:30 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Hmm, track 1 does sound somewhat Yomanda-ish, but I'm pretty sure it's not Egg n Cress.
| Matthew wrote: | | 13 Signum - What Ya Got 4 Me? |
That's it! Thank you kindly sir, that one had been bugging me like crazy; I knew the track but couldn't remember the name
Dave - Thanks, appreciate it
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:23 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Track 4 is that Liver Lieb tune. Original Mix as im aware
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:35 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
AndyAlex Andrew Alexander Cloakroom Duty
Vibes: 3.52
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Member #: 8,184 Posts: 15
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| Unknown05 is G.D - Choral Reef, it's on 'A Higher State Of Euphoria', still workin on the rest!
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:35 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Spherix Erik i:Vibes Crew
 Vibes: 145.72
Joined: 25 Oct 2002 Member #: 2,831 Posts: 2002 Location: Sweden
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| Quote: |
Spherix, you rock,
|
Well said
_________________ Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me? |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:27 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
On a side note, anyone happen to know the mix of Gitta there? It's a purely instrumental mix and is infinitely better than the somewhat cheese-ridden original and kosmonova mixes I've so far heard. I actually cringed when the lyrics started kicking in on the original, reminded me of Flip n Fill or some shat like that. The instrumental mix is gold though.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:30 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Watts Mark Raybone i:Vibes Webmaster
 Vibes: 202.36
Joined: 30 Sep 2002 Member #: 2,735 Posts: 634 Location: England, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Track 05 = GD - Choral Reef
Track 14 = Mr. Phillips - 7th Day
Track 23 = Delerium - Heaven's Earth (Matt Darey Remix) (awesome, awesome track!)
No idea about the rest.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:42 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Spherix Erik i:Vibes Crew
 Vibes: 145.72
Joined: 25 Oct 2002 Member #: 2,831 Posts: 2002 Location: Sweden
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| Quote: |
On a side note, anyone happen to know the mix of Gitta there?
|
Think it's called "Xim Dub Mix"
_________________ Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me? |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:04 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Got some for you.
Unknown 3:: Out of Grace - Anglia (Plug N Play Mix)
Unknown 7:: DJ Tom Stevens Vs. Fridge - Outface (Fridge Mix)
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:13 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
No way, track 3 is Anglia? I've got that track, but it sounds kinda different to this mix (not as good for a start).
And I was wondering about track 7, it says what sounds like 'outphase' during the track but I couldn't work out what it was actually saying. Now I know
Thanks again
/passes round the cookies
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:22 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
davehart
i:Vibes Admin
 Vibes: 568.95
Joined: 19 Nov 2001 Member #: 910 Posts: 4314 Location: Notts, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Track 3 is Anglia Plug n Plays mix is a little dierent to the others.
_________________ www.davehart.me |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:32 am |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| davehart wrote: | | Plug n Plays mix is a little dierent to the others. |
Aye, that's what I mean, I thought it sounded like Anglia but wasn't sure
edit: Found out the mix of Obsidian, updated first post.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:45 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Radiosity
Podium Dancer
 Vibes: 45.06
Joined: 19 Oct 2003 Member #: 4,625 Posts: 274 Location: Lincs, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
Uber thread bumpage! Added four more unknowns to first post. When I get round to sampling them, I've got another batch of unknowns from various live mixes, if anyone feels like helping out. You know you enjoy it really
Thanks in advance.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:36 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Watts Mark Raybone i:Vibes Webmaster
 Vibes: 202.36
Joined: 30 Sep 2002 Member #: 2,735 Posts: 634 Location: England, UK
|
Post subject: |
|
|
If 26 is Synaesthesia, then I'll eat my hat.
27 is Leftfield - Phat Planet, don't know what the remix is though.
|
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:21 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Spherix Erik i:Vibes Crew
 Vibes: 145.72
Joined: 25 Oct 2002 Member #: 2,831 Posts: 2002 Location: Sweden
|
Post subject: |
|
|
| Quote: |
If 26 is Synaesthesia, then I'll eat my hat.
|
Hope it tastes good with a little salt
I actually think that it's the "Paul van Dyk Remix"
26. The Thrillseekers - Ultimate Synaesthesia (Paul Van Dyk Remix)
atleast I think so
_________________ Do you believe in a god that tells you lies? - Or do you believe in me? |
| Post rating: 0 |
Rate this post: Not logged in |
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 pm |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
|

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
|
|