GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Important: Read Inside On How To Post Direct Downloads.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArturoB

Almost a Clubber

Vibes: 0.25

Member #: 28

Post Post subject: Important: Read Inside On How To Post Direct Downloads. Reply with quote

Hello.
For those who like to share tracks with their fellows trance lovers, if you want to post a Direct Download, please do in the following format:

Artist - Title (Remix) (D/D)

Example: Paul van Dyk - For an Angel (E-Werk Club Mix) (D/D)

This way, we will have much organization in the forums.

Many Greetings,

Starf0x
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 6:29 am
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 157.49

Member #: 9

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Starf0x. We want to keep our forums tidy.

Thanks... Very Happy
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 3:47 pm
Flotser

Moving your Body

Vibes: 1.14

Member #: 749

Post Post subject: Flotser in trance Reply with quote

Surprised Surprised
good idea Cool

I think it will be even better if you guys will open a special page in the forums for the direct downloads and/or requests.

<<Flotser In Trance>>
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:05 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

I dont think we could do that...

That would make ivibes illegal... Smile ... Maybe we can set up a music exchange page...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:23 pm
Flotser

Moving your Body

Vibes: 1.14

Member #: 749

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Maybe.....

Anyway this D/D page will be somehow illigal as the "music updates" page is...
, those posts will not be under your direct responsabiliy... so you can call this forum page as "a music exchange page" and the people (DumondeFan Smile ) will put tehre D/DL links ...

that will be the best.... Laughing

on the other side its better to keep the leegal athmospere here on i:vibes becouse we want it to stay forever....

(Trancegate V 4.0?? Wink )

its up to you ..

P.S. i am asking this for some time.... where are the old members of Trancegate : hi_fi_ve, m00lEy?? stream is here....
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 6:20 pm
hill_matthew

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.18

Member #: 805

I don't think a music exchange page is a very good idea. Anything pubicly advocating swapping or D/D is a bad idea. Lets keep it underground for as long as possible I think. The D/D's that have appeared here have been better than any MP3 site I've known (well for my taste in trance anyhow) so don't advertise it, or it'll be blown away. What happenes when Lange or Ayumi's record company find you (iVibes) encouraging swapping between your users - you need to at least claim ignorance and that 'D/D violate the rules for posting' to attempt to save your asses - TranceGate / iVibes keeps many of us alive - play it safe guys. Lets keep the D/D's going, but don't shout too loudly about it, or it'll be all over.

And that will be worse than Shadow Zone going to the wind.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:06 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

yeah... i agree with hill_mathew
it would be closed down, or too busy if everyone knew about it !!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:18 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Vibes: 0.12

Member #: 303

I also have to agree with this...more traffic is maybe good for popularity and word of mouth...but is it really worth the controversy and hassle of the record companies trying to shut us down?

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Member #: -1

i am think that maybe some crew members do new section
exmple : "Share Tunes"

like that.......

the site be more "tidy"

that what i think byez:P
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 11:27 am
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

[quote:573ee6c3c0=Flotser]
P.S. i am asking this for some time.... where are the old members of Trancegate : hi_fi_ve, m00lEy?? stream is here....

hi_fi_ve is busy with other projects, but he will still help us out from time to time Smile
mOO has started working in Mexico and doesn't have access to the internet in a regular way these days. He will return in February 2002, stay at home for some weeks and then head off to another country Wink
elusive is also very busy these days and only got time for trance.nu at the moment, but will eventually do some pretty exclusive tasks here at [i:Vibes] too! Very Happy

Last edited by Stream on Mon Nov 19, 2001 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 1:24 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

So who is all actually active on staff here then mate?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 2:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anonymous Producer

Member #: -1

Post Post subject: Downloading Reply with quote

It is wrong to encourage the downloading of other musicians' music for free - it is effectively theft!!

'DumondeFan' - how would you like to spend time & money writing & promoting tracks only for it then to be given away free?

THINK about what you are doing.

If the Artists & labels don't get paid there will be no Music Industry, & therefore no music!

Anon
Post rating: Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 9:24 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Just to make it all clear. We will NOT allow the i:Vibes forums to become a place where you can share your music illegally!
For now we have let it pass, but the last few days we have seen an increased amount of people reqeusting songs and others posting links to download these songs.
If this continues the quality of entries in this forum will be really bad, and I guess most musiclovers won't come visit to discuss music, they only come here to find new tracks to download.
This is not the intention of these forums and i:Vibes.

We (the i:Vibes-crew) will discuss what to do about this the next days...

anonymous Producer: I understand you completely...and I also guess I know who you are Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 9:45 pm
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

Post Post subject: Downloading Reply with quote

[quote:66971bf352=anonymous Producer]
It is wrong to encourage the downloading of other musicians' music for free - it is effectively theft!!

'DumondeFan' - how would you like to spend time & money writing & promoting tracks only for it then to be given away free?

THINK about what you are doing.

If the Artists & labels don't get paid there will be no Music Industry, & therefore no music!

Anon

ok, true but vinyls will bring money into the pocket, and thats a thing u cant dload.
And Tiesto himself once said that if mp3 didn't exist he wouldnt be as famous as he is now, and thats a point for all the producers!
Tnx to mp3z and internet in general songs are better known as before.
What vinyls did u bought before there was internet > u listen them at your local record store, if u liked it, u bought it!
NOW, thanx to mp3z they sell more vinyls because ppl KNOW WHAT THEY WANT, they hear a track and they try to buy it on vinyl somewhere.

Greetz Dawnseeker Smile

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 9:58 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

Good point DawnSeeker.

I am also a producer and without the internet nobody would know my name Smile ... I admit not many people do but at least i get SOME fan mail for an ametuer producer. I dont even have an mp3.com account I just give my tracks to websites so they can put it with the rest of their downloads.

The ironic thing is if I put my track on public servers it gets deleted for the simple fact that its a music file. Pretty lame huh? (And its a totally legal track as i produced it) ...

No for Streams point. He is also very correct in what he says. If we continue to allow mp3 links to be posted on ivibes we will get shut down pretty fast which is not a good thing at all. So from now we will try to keep ivibes totally legal in the respect that we will try to avoid posting any illegal mp3 links.
However, if you are a producer and you want to promote your own music then you can post your song on our forums Smile We want to help out any music producer there.

Back to Dawnseekers point... I wish the music industry would wake up and smell reality. THE INTERNET MAKES THEM MORE MONEY BECAUSE IT MAKES TRACKS AVAIABLE TO EVERYBODY! AND I WISH THEY WOULD REALISE THAT AND LEAVE THE ONLINE COMMUNITY ALONE Mad

Thanks for an interesting post guys... I enjoyed responding... Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 4:45 pm
Kev

Bar Manager

Is it ok to post our own mixes for direct download though? That way we're not just posting full tracks but a unique mix..

-Kev Very Happy

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 9:52 pm
TranceSeeker
Breakbeat Addict
Full-Time DJ

Vibes: 0.99

Member #: 211

hey Steven, u said u r a producer yourself, what songs do u have already made?
Can we get them somewhere?

http://users.pandora.be/TranceParadise/
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:03 pm
Steven H
The Earthquaker
Club Franchise Owner

I will post my new single on [i:Vibes] within a month... Look out for it Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:18 pm
mOO

Part-Time Clubber

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2

hey fellas,

just wanted to give a proof of life from me Smile as stream already wrote, i'm currently in mexico and can't come online soon, since we only got a quite expensive dialup account. nevertheless i will be back in a few months, since i:Vibes is a great successor of Trance Gate Smile

and, to make it clear for all time: we will not allow direct linking of illegal mp3 files, neither in the forums nor on i:Vibes itself. if we do that - the site will probably be closed by the IFPI or how this organization is called...and nobody wants that, right? thus...no direct linking please.

cheers from mexico and cu all sOOn Smile
mOO
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:38 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Post Post subject: Dont shoot yourselves in the foot... Reply with quote

By all means, give us music updates, new singles and album reviews but for gods sake, dont start posting illegal mp3s up. Ive been a loyal visitor for over 6 months and i dont wanna see trancegate go down the toilet, you're bigger and stonger than ever before. we need a trance directory, and u are the ultimate. dont throw it away boyz... Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:38 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

here here.... i agree - the only way i found this was because my m8 told me about tranceaddict - and then i found this !!
i have only ever used the links on this site... never expected to get downloads on the go
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:59 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music discussion (trance, techno, progressive and other genres) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: