GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FRUITY LOOPS VS CUBASE/LOGIC CONTEST!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard Vibes
Hard Vibes Production
Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 3,619

Post Post subject: FRUITY LOOPS VS CUBASE/LOGIC CONTEST!! Reply with quote

Greets everyone,

There have been many discussions about wich software people use.. And a lot of people really believe that fruity never could get close to Cuabse or Logic...

Well everyone, heres your chance to proof once end for all which software better is...

And heres how it works:

A nutrual person will decide a techno/ Trance (electronic) track.

Than each competiter has 1 week to reproduces this track with their own software.. At the end, all tracks will published on the contest site.. Without saying whos track its is (just to be fair).

Users than, can vote which track sounds the closesd to the original or even better.. After the contest is done.. We announce the winner and the software they've used..

What does the winner get?

You get the chance to produce a theme song for a leading website www.clublanduk.com what will be published for 3 Months.. Aswell you get the chance to hand in your own tracks to the DMW records.. And they will listen to them! HardVibes.com will give you one year 20MB webspace for your tracks or webseites. If thats not enaugh? Just be happy that you and ur software won and withit you will end the big software fight..

And here the rules:

- You cannot use any samples of the original
- You cannot use any loops/riffs etc.. (Basic tone samples aswell as percussion samples are OK to use)
- You cannot use any external syhnts, modulateres, keyboards, drum boxes etc...
- You only allowed to use your program.
- Your not allowed to use any vocal singing samples or add in your track who its made by.

The winner has to hand in her/his data music file.. so we can see if your playing by the rules.

And here is how you can enter this contest:

- You can reply a post here with your name, Allias, what software youll be using and contact details or your web addy..
- Or just simple visit the contest site.

Any questions are welcome...

The contest site is www.hardvibes.com/contest/
or email me: chris@hardvibes.com

And now good luck to everyone..

P.s. Please, fair play. It wouldnt bring anything if you tcheat.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:42 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but i had to remove your avatar...it was way too wide!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:48 pm
Divine DG Cannon
Dan Szemborski
Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 11.54

Member #: 3,592

Post Post subject: You are out of your mind if you think fruity can't compare Reply with quote

FL Studio 4 rapes logic and cubase. It has everything and more. If you don't think so, please check out the demo. I have logic audio platinum 5, and I don't know why. You really don't need cubase, logic or nuendo (which I also have) when you have FL Studio 4. I hope someone with good musical skill enters.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:00 pm
Hard Vibes
Hard Vibes Production
Getting acquainted

@Divine DG Cannon

Good and I hope you decide to kick some logic, cubase butt in the competition.. Do I take it that u sign up?

And IF your looking for a fruity expert, u just found them..

All our three album where made with fruity loops...

But if you really are as good as you say you shouldnt have problems to be in the endround and compete against us Smile

Good luck,

You need it.

www.hardvibes.com/contest/

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:47 pm
Divine DG Cannon
Dan Szemborski
Wannabe Clubber

Vibes: 11.54

Member #: 3,592

Err, I never said I was good. It's just I use FL Studio 4 and used to use Logic and Nuendo. However, I might be able to get some others to join the competition, who are WAYYYY the crap better then me.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:57 pm
Hard Vibes
Hard Vibes Production
Getting acquainted

Post Post subject: THE BIG SOFTWARE CONTEST! PART!! UPDATE! Reply with quote

update:

Ok a few rules have changed and alot more people got involved.

New sponsores have arrieved and probably the brand names themself will compete in this contest.. IT WONT BE EASY!!

Ok and here again:

Everyone who uses either Fruity Loops, Cubase, Logic or Reason should sign up at this contest.. It will go throu 3 stages to tell wich the best software is for techno, trance electronic music production..

Hope you all believe in your programm and got a little bit more than big words behind it Smile

If you havnt signed up yet than do it now:

or visit the contest website:
http://www.hardvibes.com/contest/

Hope to see you all soon.

Good luck,

Chris

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:02 pm
DarkSeraph

Total Newbie

Member #: 3,773

there are a couple flaws in your thought. i just thought i'd let you know.

A) whoever creates the best music will win, not who uses the best editor

B) it is purely opinion on which the best editor is. not a simple fact.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:21 am
dj rep

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 4.32

Member #: 3,753

i'm suprised so little people are replying to this. look what you can win

" ...we will introduce you to DMW Records and make sure they get in contact with you. " Surprised

im sure something like this doesnt happen often.

but i've only been using FL for only a few months now, and im no good. id definitely enter, if only the time frame was longer Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:13 pm
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

I'm looking forward to hearing the winners! Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:06 pm
richardfletcher

Member #: 2,202

Hmmmmm. I used to use FruityLoops, but I made a switch to Cubase. Personally, I don't like the fact that you are not allowed to use external hardware in this competition.

Cubase was first introduced as a MIDI sequencer. It was only when Steinberg developed VST that the software side has come of age. It still is based as a MIDI sequencer and not a full blown software package like FLStudio. I'm not saying that Cubase isn't as good as FLStudio, I'm just making a point of the major difference between the two.

Most people who have external hardware use either Cubase, Logic or Sonar. People who do not have any external hardware generally opt for a software solution such as FLStudio. This is because FLStudio contains more built in software sound sources than Cubase by default.

If VST plugins are allowed, then this is just a test of sound quality and the producer themselves rather than which is the best program. I'm more than happy with Cubase SX and my Virus C synthesizer.

I'd like to see someone argue that FL can beat the sound of a Virus C. Now there's a challenge...

Kind Regards,
Richard Fletcher
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:31 pm
chandan486
[Global][Trance][Network]
Total Newbie

Member #: 3,843

Post Post subject: lissen--to--me--guys!!!!!! Reply with quote

i-just-read-this-topic-today-and-was-totally-amused-ppl-r-really-deciding-which-software-is-better--fruity--or-cubase????

well-here-is-wat-i-have-2-say..........

i-have-been-using-fruity-for-2-yrs-now-and-also--have-been-learining-music-for-10-yrs..well-i-have-also-tried-my-hands-on-all-the-softwares-available-for-trance-music-production-frm-cubase-sx-to-orchestra-5-to-sonar-to-logic.

but-i-have-found-fl-studio-4-tht-i-am-currently-using-to-take-all-of-their-asses..

fruity-studio-can-deliver-man..............believe-me-

u-just-need-the-knowledge-n-the-right-hardware..........

moreover-as-i-am-also-doing-a-course-in-sound-engineering-sound-syn-thesis-n-recording-currently---it-has-helped--me--a-lot-wid-flstudio4-

so-guys-end-of-the-story-flstudio--is-the-king--
go-home-learn-fruity-in-n-out----n-kik-some--assss

hahahaha....................
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:08 am
Hard Vibes
Hard Vibes Production
Getting acquainted

@chandan486

Quote:

-just-read-this-topic-today-and-was-totally-amused-ppl-r-really-deciding-which-software-is-better--fruity--or-cubase????

but-i-have-found-fl-studio-4-tht-i-am-currently-using-to-take-all-of-their-asses..

fruity-studio-can-deliver-man..............believe-me-

Lol i found that even more amusing... First you think its funny to have this contest, than you say fruity kicks ass??!!

Well I hope you know now why we organised this competition... Believe it or not, there much more people out there who think Cubase kicks ass!

@richardfletcher

Quote:

don't like the fact that you are not allowed to use external hardware in this competition.

Well thats why its called a software/ sequencer contest, not a Hardware one..

By the way, fruity and cubase have to 90% the same sepcs. So I am sure you can use samples and sequence them even with qbasic..
(if you know how to that is)

Quote:

Most people who have external hardware use either Cubase, Logic or Sonar. People who do not have any external hardware generally opt for a software solution such as FLStudio.

K let me expand your knwoledge... How many producers do you know out of 2.000.000 ++ ?? Well i must asume you know the most.. Because you just said The most people use either cubase....... Well I use fruity in the studio aswell i know Cubase and logic.. And guess what I got more than 38 hardware components what go into fruity...

@DarkSeraph

Quote:

B) it is purely opinion on which the best editor is. not a simple fact.

Dont know really what to say to that.. Hmm first of: they are not editors.. we call them producers.. (If you dont know the diffrents pls email me and i explain that to you. And yes editing is one of many tasks of a producer)

I could go on for ages.. But i dont have that much time...

Regards,

Hard Vibes

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:52 pm
richardfletcher

Member #: 2,202

ok Hard Vibes, I get your point. I'm not saying that Cubase is better than Fruity. In all honesty, I haven't yet tested FLStudio. I used to use FL 3. I'll download the demo and give it a good seeing to. I know that the specs are very similar to Cubase which is very good. Big ups to Image Line.

I think Fruity is better than Cubase in many ways. I think drum programming is far quicker and easier with Fruity Loops than Cubase, Logic and Sonar. In all honesty, the only reason I switched to Cubase was because I didn't think the sound quality matched that of Cubase. I tested the same song with the same VSTi and the results sounded different between the two. I'm not trying to start an argument here, thats just an oppinion. And like I say, I haven't YET tested FLStudio, so I can't make a point about it.

I'm sure I'll be much surprised at how far Fruity has come since I switched to Cubase.

Kind Regards,
Richard Fletcher
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:05 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: