GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Record companies sue Audiogalaxy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: Record companies sue Audiogalaxy Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:24 pm
Ncturnal

Total Newbie

Member #: 2,286

Post Post subject: Record Companies sue AudioGalaxy Reply with quote

With the advent of services such as Napster and later Kazaa, AudioGalaxy, etc, I was finally able to find new music that I would NEVER hear on the radio or anywhere else. Radio is total garbage and it was nice to find new, good music. I always bought everything I like, so if anything, services like Napster increased sales in that regard. If the content that is put out by record companies is good, it will sell. I guess they don't like that they actually have to produce good content now since we can "try before we buy". How many times have you been had when you bought a CD for a song you liked, only to find out you basically spent $20 for one song. Record companies are only out to make a buck and don't care that the content sucks. They need to focus on delivering quality, and then they won't have to worry about record sales. If it's good, it will sell.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:45 pm
Above&Beyond

Club Franchise Manager

Vibes: 0.37

Member #: 431

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why the big labels want to sue them, im sure most of the downloaded material is commercial chart stuff that they'd make alot of money on instead of it being distributed for free. I just hope the trance tunes on there dont suffer too much from this! Sad Crying or Very sad Sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:09 pm
trisco

Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 0.24

Member #: 1,824

mmm.. can see both views of record companies and the consumer.. prices can be extortionate... even in vinyl.. where labels like Saw charge up to £9/10 for tracks and labels like Hooj £4.. not really any justice.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:10 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

I know mp3 is a sensitive issue, but as far as trance goes, mp3 has allowed me to discover artists from Tiesto To Ferry To Gielen To Picotto. Sadly if these songs are no longer available, we'd be stuck with the shitty productions that we are meant to buy, I think if they improve quality then they may sell more, but to be honest all of the music I've bought lately has been because I've heard a clip in mp3 of it first, it's better than being frequently disappointed like I have been with most I've just been & paid for, so my argument is that we should have more choice and quality and then we might pay for it. Also Artists recieve very little, the companies make a killing and in my honest opinion, that's wrong
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:54 pm
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

Again, RIAA strikes again...... if audiogalaxy goes down something more popular may come out . they better watch out.
They cant stop it..... they should learn this lesson.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:40 pm
Slick

Member #: 2,138

RIAA is totally, legally right to do this.

What we as consumers should do is mess with them by LEGALLY not buying anymore music and therefore causing them to fuck off...

I'm really tired of huge companies taking advantage of the artists and consumer by getting most of the sales...

There will always be a way to trade files like Napster, Kazaa, WinMX, etx. that is such a low level... the chain is sooooooooo not affected yet.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:39 am
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

they are legally set up for this, we cant stop buying records to cause them beep off. thats not possible Idea

Like i said , these guys cant shut down the whole chain , the more they sue the more the illegal activities continue.
This is mostly Those Nerds fault who sit on the computer all day long to download a whole CD, thats a good idea just to hear and then buy it but their philosophy is " why buy when we can get it for free "

I still think The Real cd is something else .. and i continue to buy the records i RESPECT. Wink
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:42 am
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 564.03

Member #: 910

was bound to happen really.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mail Man

Almost a Clubber

Member #: 2,292

Ag is one of the best filesharing apps around, it will be sad if it is shut down.

Up and coming Djs could send out there mixes to the ppl in groups and you could hear a lot of music that you would of never considered listening to.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:00 pm
Trancemaster
H2 + O = H2O :)
Bar Manager

Vibes: 33.93

Member #: 2,317

Post Post subject: Re: Record Companies sue AudioGalaxy Reply with quote

Ncturnal wrote:
With the advent of services such as Napster and later Kazaa, AudioGalaxy, etc, I was finally able to find new music that I would NEVER hear on the radio or anywhere else. Radio is total garbage and it was nice to find new, good music. I always bought everything I like, so if anything, services like Napster increased sales in that regard. If the content that is put out by record companies is good, it will sell. I guess they don't like that they actually have to produce good content now since we can "try before we buy". How many times have you been had when you bought a CD for a song you liked, only to find out you basically spent $20 for one song. Record companies are only out to make a buck and don't care that the content sucks. They need to focus on delivering quality, and then they won't have to worry about record sales. If it's good, it will sell.

Yes, It is like you say! If I download a goodsong then I will go to the shop to buy it, because who wans to collect burned cd´s huh? No I just love to see all beautiful cd-covers on my wall (Have one cd holder on my wall that displays 20cds)

This is discussesd so often, So now i believe that the record companies want to make some moeny in the "suing industrie" you know it´s pretty easy to get about 60millions if you feel like suing some one.

I See the Music, I Hear the Light
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:26 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

I agree with you on that... the real record is something else.
How long is this going to continue...... I mean why dont they just vote for it. They cant go against people...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:16 pm
White_Lightning
Its_cider_mmm_such_lovely_cider
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 51.50

Member #: 1,506

it should teach them a lesson for being bastards to people with firewalls... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

but its shi.t either way u look at it

NUFC!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:01 pm
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Its over, its dead. Crying or Very sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:15 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> News Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: